Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I extract my photographs EXIF metadata from Aperture using Automator?

I have the following Automator workflow

Get selected images

Filter for picks

Extract metadata (checked all fields)

New Text file

Open finder item (selected preferred application)

When run the text file just the exif fields has been exported with none of the metadata (eg shuuter speed, ISO etc)

what am I doing wrong?

Martin

Macbook 13inch white, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 11:29 AM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2011 9:32 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hi Frank

Frank Caggiano wrote:

That's a rough description of the workflow not the workflow.

Include the actual workflow it makes it a whole lot easier to troubleshoot.

Is this what you want?

User uploaded file

This is my text file output. No metadata just the field names.

Name IPTC Creator IPTC Creator's Job Title IPTC Caption IPTC Category IPTC Image City IPTC Contact IPTC Copyright Notice IPTC Image Country IPTC Provider IPTC Headline IPTC Keywords IPTC Content Location Code IPTC Content Location Name IPTC Job Identifier IPTC State/Province IPTC Source IPTC Special Instructions IPTC Caption Writer EXIF Aperture EXIF Capture Day of Month EXIF Capture Day of Week EXIF Capture Hour of Day EXIF Capture Month of Year EXIF Capture Year EXIF Color Model EXIF Color Space EXIF Contrast EXIF Depth EXIF EXIF Version EXIF Exposure Bias EXIF Exposure Mode EXIF Exposure Program EXIF Flash EXIF Flash Pixel Version EXIF Focal Length EXIF ISO EXIF Date EXIF Camera Make EXIF Max. Lens Aperture EXIF Metering Mode EXIF Camera Model EXIF Pixel Height EXIF Pixel Width EXIF Profile Name EXIF Saturation EXIF Scene Capture Type EXIF Sharpness EXIF Shutter Speed EXIF Software EXIF White Balance

Hope you can help

Martin

Oct 10, 2011 9:49 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I have just figured out why automator did not export the metadata. I did not go to Edit> select all the aperture items.

What I was doing was too manualy select two or three items but for some reason the metadata was not exported.

But if I went to Edit>select all and then Automator was then able export all the metadata.

Problem solved

Thanks for replying to my original post. Just getting to grips with Automator.

Martin

Oct 10, 2011 10:28 AM in response to harvyd

Glad you got it figured out. One thing to keep in mind in Aperture you can have multiple selections.

That is say you can have images selected in one project and a different selection in another project and a thrid in the Photos browser etc. but only the selection in the view which is visible is active.

regards

BTW it's always a good idea if asking a question about automator or applescript to post the code. Makes it easier to suggest solutions.

good luck

How do I extract my photographs EXIF metadata from Aperture using Automator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.