Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internet based apps are crashing

I have reset network and reset all settings to no change. I can access and send email though??? Help

iPad

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 2:24 PM

8 replies

Oct 9, 2011 4:18 PM in response to barbara275

If Safari is crashing, you can try this. Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Cache. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Oct 9, 2011 4:55 PM in response to barbara275

I have no idea if these things will help - but they are all harmless and easy to try.

You could try removing Databases in Safari if you have any at all. Settings>Safari>Databases>Edit>Tap the red vertical line next to the database and then tap delete. You may not even have any databases in Safari. When you visit certain websites like Google Translate, the Pages online help, the iPad user guide from the Safari bookmark - these sites will place the databases on your iPad. You can safely remove them. They will come back if you visit this sites again.

You could also try Settings>Safari>Accept Cookies>Never and see if that helps. I doubt that it will since the corrupt cookie is already in Safari somewhere. Try changing the search engine in the Safari settings as well just for the heck of it. It may not help but you can always change it back to the search engine that you were using.

You may have a bookmark that is causing the problem as well. I have one bookmark that crashes Safari every time I try to use it. Actually, I would delete it if I could remember which one it was. I have so many sites bookmarked and I can't remember which one it is.

You can also try two old standard fixes - restart and reset.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Oct 9, 2011 5:57 PM in response to barbara275

You may need to restore your iPad - or delete one of those Internet using apps - those virtual games. That might work. You can always download the app again. There may be corrupt data in one of those game apps causing a problem.

Thanks for the congrats on today's win. They looked like the team that represented the AFC in the Super Bowl in February in the game today. I just hope it was the start of a great run! Good luck with your iPad.

internet based apps are crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.