Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I Block Tapatalk Popup Universally?

I do not want to purchase Tapatalk now or ever. The annoyance from it's spammy method of marketing overweighs any utility that I might get from the application.

Since I've decided never to purchase it, why should I have to deal with it's popups every time I search forums via google on my iPhone? It's become such a hindrance as to make the browser on my iPhone almost useless when searching forums.

I would hope that Apple is working on updating its standards for applications to prevent them from annoying users to get them or to rate them.

In the meantime, is there a way to block this horrible popup from appearing on my iPhone?

PC, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 10:39 PM

3 replies

Jan 29, 2014 4:59 PM in response to AxeBox360

I totally forgot about this post. Sorry. I was using Atomic Web Browser at the time, with adblocking enabled. I use Safari Mobile on my iPhone now and haven't ahd a problem with Tapatalk popping up as ubiquitously as before. As you may tell from my post a few years ago, it was almost constant and causing me no end of irritation.

In fact, I almost want to install it now that it doesn't both me. I'm weird in that the more you push a product on me, the less likely I am to buy it. If the product has good reviews, seems useful to me, and doesn't cost excessively much, the odd that I will buy it are astronomical.

Can I Block Tapatalk Popup Universally?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.