Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to loop track in DVD studio pro

I'm trying to loop the main track in DVD Studio Pro and can't remember how?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 6:09 AM

11 replies

Oct 10, 2011 7:53 AM in response to Steve Simonsen1

Hi Steve,

The DVD-Video Specifications provides instructions for this and luckily, DVD Studio Pro allows us to implement it:

Set the last chapter's end jump in the Connections Window to the first chapter in your Track (Title PGC). This places the DVD Specifications 'Link Program' cell command, which keeps navigation in the Title.

Linking a Track back on itself with a Track End Jump setting causes mutliple, unneccessary player laser seeks through the Video Manager Domain, e.g, A 'Call VMG PGC#' command 'jumps system' the head of the disc into the Video Manager, then into a VTSM 1 PGC, then back through the VMG again and finally back into the Title - no sense allowing these extra seeks as some players on their bad hair days and on players that are already borderline compatible barely playing a DVD-R - can balk.

Take care,

Trai

--

Trai Forrester

DVD Verification, Proofing, Pre-mastering

Oct 10, 2011 9:07 AM in response to Trai_Forrester

Interesting you say that, since I've been producing looped-play DVDs (using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R blanks) for trade show viewing for my corporate clients for about 10 years now without a single failure or complaint. I do insist that if played on a Windows system they install CyberLink's Power DVD app for playback.

Most of these programs are short (under 10 minute) promos and don't have chapters, except for the first chapter that DVD-SP adds automatically. On my next project of this nature, I'll try setting the first chapter's end jump to itself to see if the return time is reduced.

Thanks for the tip!

-DH

Oct 10, 2011 9:28 AM in response to Steve Simonsen1

Hi Steve,

Yes, delete the Track End Jump Connection Setting so it's not set and then set the Credits chapter to jump to your first chapter.

You'll shave a minimum of 2 player laser seeks. You can even hear the difference in the player if you're looping (or other navigation task within a Track), especially with this method on additional Tracks further into the disc.

Take care,

Trai

--

Trai Forrester

DVD Verification, Proofing, Pre-mastering

Oct 10, 2011 10:21 AM in response to Steve Simonsen1

In the Connections Window, Steve - Highlight the Track End Jump data field that's currently set to itself, then hit delete. Tip: Name your Tracks, Stories, Buttons, Menus, etc., with short names so that they show up complete and easy to identify in the Connections Window 'Source' and 'Target' windows.

Then, in your Target Window part of the overall Connections Window, grab on (with your mouse) the first chapter of your Track and drag it into the space in the Source Window to the right of the credit chapter where it says "End Jump" and let go.

Note: Clicking an item (Track, Story, Menu) in the Outline view will bring up the Connections for that particular item.

Then test it out in Apple DVD Player (avoid the simulator).

Take care,

Trai

how to loop track in DVD studio pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.