Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers

Can I sync a spreadsheet created with numbers on a Mac with numbers on iphone?

iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 7:33 AM

5 replies

Nov 17, 2011 11:52 AM in response to Jeweler

Perhaps I should have created a separate thread for this, but I have a similar question and maybe a partial answer depending on what Jeweler means by "sync".

I know that you can share spreadsheets via iWorks and iTunes and, for awhile longer, via iDisk. I know also that you can use Dropbox for passing files between platforms. These are transfer methods, but they do not automatically sync changes made on one platform with another, e.g. like one can do with contacts and calendar entries using iCloud.

So let me add in my similar question to that of Jeweler's: is there a way to automatically sync spreadsheet changes in a Numbers file made on one platform with the same file on other platforms?

Nov 17, 2011 11:58 AM in response to Geekseeker

iCloud will do that, but only between iDevices. Once a mac is involved, you have to manually copy files to/from mac and iCloud/iWork. To the OP: Try googling sync numbers between mac and iPhone.

Note that the iDevice version of Numbers does not support all features of the mac version, so some things may not sync well.

numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.