Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting .mov to a format for TV using usb pen drive

Hi, I have Mpeg Streamclip and I'm trying to convert Quicktime movies to play on a TV monitor via pen drive. Choosing AVI export in Streamclip offers many different codecs to choose from. I first went with the default and I got sound but no visuals.

The TV supports AVI, Mpeg2, Mpeg4 and so far I've not managed to get both audio & visuals

The best result so far was to use the Video_ts folder from the movies DVDSP project, but even so this wasn't perfect with some stutter on playback.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 8:16 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2011 6:01 AM in response to Niel

Thanks, yes I'm aware re. AVI. I've finally achieved success with File>OpenDVD>Video_ts and Export to Mpeg4. (Initially this process didn't work and I'm not sure why)

However this is SD and I'm wondering is there anyway yet to play a HD movie file in HD on a HDTV via a usb memory stick?

My original source is HDV in FCP7 to a Quicktime Movie. I agree re AVI - this is not helpful. I haven't heard of any high street HDTV supporting .mov files in this way.

Converting .mov to a format for TV using usb pen drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.