Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I constantly get this issue with the MAP "You have updates available for other accounts", I constantly get this issue with the MAP "You have updates available for other accounts"

As the title says, I never get or see any updates for any of the about 20 Apps I bought from the Updates Tab. Somehow there are updates, and I can see them and see the update button in the purchased Tab. When I click on the Update button though, I only get this message "You have updates available for other accounts". I know the work around deleting the App and then I can install the App again, but since this is not the exception but I always need to do this ... something is wrong and not working with the MAP, at least for me. I have never bought or used any other Apple ID to buy apps so the message does not make any sense for me.

Any Idea how I can get this fixed ?

Thank you in advance. J.B.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7), iMac 17", @TV 2, iPhone 4, iPad

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 1:14 AM

9 replies

Oct 14, 2011 8:59 AM in response to jbjoret

Apple definitely needs to address these Mac App Store issues, and I'm sure will do so in time. I try to avoid using it where practical.

This is the sequence of things I tried, any of which may have helped (and the app used):

1. Delete hidden receipt files for my MAS purchases (EasyFind).

2. Allow Spotlight to search all categories (Spotlight System Pref)

3. Delete all caches on my boot drive (Lion Cache Cleaner)

4. Unmount my drive containing the backups, as mentioned previously.

If you find the solution, please post it.

Oct 14, 2011 2:58 PM in response to jbjoret

I have the answer ... obviously Apple is using spotlight with the Mac App Store. I have recreated the complete spotlight indexes on my HDD and this does fix the issue. I did this on both Macs with the problem, and it fixed the issue on both Mac. I will complete my report for Apple and hope that they will be able to fix this soon.

Dec 21, 2011 1:07 PM in response to billearl

I found the problem why the "You have updates available for other accounts" shows up in my computer. I was unable to update my purchased apps and it was driving me crazy. Thank you everyone for giving me tips!

The problem was partly my doing. I while back, I disabled Spotlight from indexing the Library folder (I did this thinking that it will lessen the burnen/load for Spotlight, besides, why would I ever want to index the Library folder?). I was wrong. The Mac App Store uses Spotlight to determine if files needed "updates" and so by setting the Library to private, I prevented the files from properly updating.

Go to System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy > remove all Library or system folders that are set to "private". I restarted my computer and I immediately noticed Spotlight busy for a few minutes as it indexes my Library folder. Just wait till it finishes then go to the Apple menu > App Store > Updates. VOILA!! files that need updating now shows up. I can fially get my latest version of Aperture!

I constantly get this issue with the MAP "You have updates available for other accounts", I constantly get this issue with the MAP "You have updates available for other accounts"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.