Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

f3 expose not working

I have macbook pro got it last year and the f3 button which exposes the windows i have open is not working. When i press the button basicly nothing happens no dimming of light no nothing. I remember it happened before a month or so ago and i fixed it by following someone elses solution but now i cant find where i got that information from. I think i remember going into terminal typing something and then after going to macintosh, library then preferences but i cant remeember what to do.

If any body knows a solution that would be great. I have 3 windows open so its not a chase of having just 1 window open it was working fine last night. also does anyone know what triggers it, my mac completely ran out of battery would that be why?

Many thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2015 6:14 AM

Try restarting mission control as described in http://osxdaily.com/2011/11/23/restart-mission-control-in-os-x-lion/.

You can do this by entering

killall Dock
in a command window. Mission control will automatically restart. Sometimes this fixes the problem.

5 replies

f3 expose not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.