Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone is on silent but it still rings how can I stop this?

My iphone rings even when it is on silent, how can I fix it?

iPhone 3G

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 11:58 AM

I know that this very, very, very, very late but it might can help someone else out.

Check the emergency bypass:

1, Contacts

2, Edit

3, Ringtones

4, Scroll to the top

5, Hit the bypass button

Have a bless day!

12 replies

May 18, 2017 5:43 PM in response to CoCo Butterfly

So I have had this problem too, but it seems to be mostly call centres & sometimes people listed in my contacts. Some come through & some don't! For example, my bank is in my contact list with Emergency bypass Unchecked & they called me the other day while I was working & phone on silent ... it rang anyway. Most calls seem to stay silent, but oddly & most annoyingly ... the telemarketing calls are ringing loud & clear. So because they aren't in my contacts, there is no emergency by-pass to edit. Suggestions?

Oct 11, 2011 3:38 AM in response to pippafromessex

If you have the silent switch set to on, then your phone should not ring. No need for changing settings.

If the silent switch is definitely fully on, then you should try resetting the phone by holding down the sleep button and home button at the same time, keep them held down til you see the Apple logo, ignore the 'slide to power off' message and release after a few seconds.

If that doesn't work, then I would visit an Apple Store.

my iphone is on silent but it still rings how can I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.