Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a Print icon to Finder windows

I often have a list of documents in a folder I need to print. Right now I open a Finder window, highlight all documents and go up to the menu bar and select Print. Because I'm working on a dual monitor system (13" MB with a 27" Cinema display) it's a pain to highlight documents in Finder than move mouse up to 27" Menu and select File -> Print. I'd like to add a Print icon to the Finder window itself but I don't see that option (I click Customize Toolbar but there isn't a drag/drop icon for Print which seems strange). Question: How do I add a Print icon to my Finder toolbar?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 8:25 AM

8 replies

Oct 11, 2011 9:27 AM in response to cranfordio

Thanks for your help. I thought of that but (although it sounds strange) that requires both hands on the keyboard. if I'm using my mouse to select documents it is a lot faster for me to just click a button with the mouse rather than moving from mouse back to keyboard and then pressing key combination. Knowing Apple I'm sure there's a way to get that icon onto a window but just haven't figured a workaround just yet.

Adding a Print icon to Finder windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.