Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer is no more running under Lion

Hi,

since I installed Lion my printer "Samsung SCX-4725FN" is not running anymore and because it's an old device I'm not able to install the drivers, since Lion doesn't support PowerPC-Apps.

I already installed the Samsung-printer-driver for Lion, unfortunately my printer is not supported.

Has anyone an idea or solution or maybe the same problem?

Thanks,

T

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 2:16 PM

Get a new printer.

4 replies

Oct 11, 2011 5:59 PM in response to thomas255

As PAHU indicates, the printer can print using a PostScript driver. I took a look at the Samsung page and found the old driver. I ran the installer on a machine that had OS X 10.4 installed on it. The only items that were installed were PostScript PPDs. These are plain text files. It is the installer that was a PPC applicaiton and could not run in Lion.

I placed the English PPD for your printer on my website. You can download it here. Place the file in /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources. You can then add your printer using the Samsung driver. If you need a different language version of the driver, please post back with the language you need.

Oct 12, 2011 9:40 AM in response to thomas255

Thank you all for your fast and correct solutions. I tried Matts way and my printer works!

Unfortunately the build in scanner is not recognized by the app "digital pictures". Does anyone of you may know how I can fix that?

By the way, just before I tried Matts solution, I also used the driver for another Samsung printer. That worked too for the printer but not for the scanner. The driver I tried was "Samsung SCX-4x24 Series".

Thanks,

T

Printer is no more running under Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.