Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lack sound on Apple TV through Pioneer VSX-520 receiver

I have an Apple TV connected via HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-520 receiver which used to work great, until I updated the software on my Apple TV a few updates ago.

Now it seem to be impossible to get any sound from the Apple TV, I have tried different input ports on the receiver, different HDMI cables, all kind of setting changes on the Apple TV, but still... nothing! Only picture... no sound! When connecting my Bluray player and HD PVR box through the same inputs on the receiver, everything works great.

Now, the weird part is when I bring the same Apple TV to my summerhouse and connecting it to a Pioneer VSX-920, everything works great! The sound is back...

I´ve also googled this for a few of hours now, and obviously there are plenty of people with the same receiver as me which has no problems with sound whatsoever!

AppleTV 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 1:13 PM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2011 1:41 PM in response to Lipsum

Weird. Assume you've checked the 520's configurtion for it's inputs (if available).

I'd be sorely tempted to factory restore AppleTV using a microUSB alone to connect to a computer running iTunes to rule out some software corruption that my be present.

Suspect you could also try HDMI to TV direct and optical to Pioneer.

AC

Lack sound on Apple TV through Pioneer VSX-520 receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.