Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cinema Tools 4.5.1 freezes on splash in Lion.

Hello Apple Support Communities,

I am wanting to run Cinema Tools in Lion 10.7.1, but am having no luck. Cinema Tools 4.5.1 freezes at the splash screen.

I have trashed my Cinema Tools preferences, and repaired permissions on my MacintoshHD.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Does anyone have solutions for this problem yet?
Thanks,

Andrew

Cinema Tools, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 2:42 PM

try running preference manager (free at www.digitalrebellion.com) for cinematools just in case you've missed something. You might also try creating a new user account (system preferences: accounts) and see if that makes a difference. Has it ever worked in Lion? Have you installed any new software lately.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2011 2:42 PM in response to Andrew Strugnell

try running preference manager (free at www.digitalrebellion.com) for cinematools just in case you've missed something. You might also try creating a new user account (system preferences: accounts) and see if that makes a difference. Has it ever worked in Lion? Have you installed any new software lately.

Oct 11, 2011 3:01 PM in response to Michael Grenadier

You're a legend Michael,

Having already trashed Cinema Tools' preferences using the latest version of Preference Manager, I tried your suggestion of creating a new user account. While using the new account, the Cinema Tools screen froze at the splash screen once again. I was however able to access the File, Edit etc, menu and continue working.

I went back to log into my working account, and Cinema Tools works there also.

Hey thanks for your suggestion - Cinema Tools 4.5.1 works for me in Lion 10.7.1!
Cheers.

Andrew.

Cinema Tools 4.5.1 freezes on splash in Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.