Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes uses 100% of cpu, Whats the deal?

Is there any solution to this problem out there?

Windows 7, I Tunes 10.5, dual core 2.33ghz cpu

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 4:40 PM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2011 10:22 AM in response to stuker

same problem with me , Apple MobileService hogging 50% plus of cpu and thats before i open up itunes or connect iphone. Complete uninstall and re install worked for the 10.4 itunes update, but hasnt helped with itunes 10.5 update. Im having to manually shutdown the service everytime i start up the pc.

Too many people having the same problem, sounds like a program glitch to me. Is there a permanent fix in development?

Oct 19, 2011 3:43 PM in response to Weasel416

I also have the same issue, running the new 10.5. In my case, I am an IT admin who is trying to make the VP's computer play nice with his new iPad 2 with OS5. The laptop is running Win7 32-bit. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. He just had to leave on vacation without his Laptop and he is not a happy camper.

Oct 20, 2011 1:10 PM in response to Weasel416

Hi

I found this helpful from another member on another forum (so no credit due to me) and it did fix the issue for me!, no more uninstall/reinstall!

Start, All Programs, Accesorries, right click Command Prompt,then type in ‘netsh winsock reset’ (without the apostrophes). Hit enter, then once done, reboot your pc. This should hopefully fix the issue as it did for me. Good luck!

Itunes uses 100% of cpu, Whats the deal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.