Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot sync any longer ATV1

I am not sure what changed but I am no longer able to sync Photos, music, TV programs or anything between itunes on the computer and the apple tv 1st gen. I have updated to the most recent itunes 10.5, I have updated the ATV to the most recent version. I am able to use the ATV for purchasing movies and viewing them as well as youtube etc. I have reset ATV to factory settings. I have disconnected the library and reconnected. I have tried temporarily disabling the firewall, NetNanny and antivirus. I have searched extensively and have found nothing that will fix this please help.

Apple TV, Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 7:12 PM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2011 4:07 AM in response to terrifromhuntsville

Welcome to the Apple Community.

What exactly is your problem, is it that it simply won't sync content or that it won't connect to your iTunes library.

If it's the former your library has either been changed from a (primary) custom syncing library to an automatic syncing library or to a (secondary) streaming library. See this.

To revert to a custom syncing library from an automatic syncing library, simply check the 'Custom Sync' radio button under the summary tab in iTunes.

To revert to a primary library from a secondary library, disconnect from the Apple TV (Settings/Computers/Your_Library) and reconnect again (Settings/Computers/Connect_to_iTunes) - You will need to re-sync previously synced content.

Oct 12, 2011 9:37 AM in response to terrifromhuntsville

It sounds as though something is blocking access. I'd try by restarting the Apple TV, the PC and your network router.

I don't have any experience with PC's or for that matter anti-virus software, but I am aware that sometimes installing such software can be enough to break things and often disabling is not a fix. Is any of this software new, have you changed anything about your PC or your network recently.

cannot sync any longer ATV1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.