Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Program to check SSD health on OS X??

Can anyone recommend a program to check the health of a SSD in OS X?? I tried looking for one that is comparable to SSDLife (which only works on Windows) but I seem to be drawing a blank.

Many thanks!!

MacBook Pro 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 7:12 PM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2011 7:55 PM in response to dhty55

There is no TRIM support for the drive, so if you notice a degradation in performance the only real solution is to reformat the drive using the Zero Data option which writes zeroes to every byte on the drive. This will take care of the data degradation that occurs without TRIM support, but at the cost of adding a complete use cycle to the entire drive. However, you will likely buy a new machine long before the drive becomes unusable.

Also see:

Optimizing Mac OS X for SSD Drives

May 7, 2013 8:39 AM in response to dhty55

dhty55 wrote:

Can anyone recommend a program to check the health of a SSD in OS X?? I tried looking for one that is comparable to SSDLife (which only works on Windows) but I seem to be drawing a blank.

Many thanks!!

Check out DriveDx: http://binaryfruit.com/drivedx . It displays SSD Lifetime Left indicator, overall health rating, performance rating and many other useful information about your SSD. Nice UI.

Program to check SSD health on OS X??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.