Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to keep the nano (Clock face) ON all the time?

Hello all.

I know this may sound silly, and definitely a drain on the battery life.

(But) I like my nano Clock face "always on", it's good to look at anyway, with all the new clock faces. 😀

I thin the nano "defaults" and the screen fades to black in a certain amount of time.

Is there a way to

• Keep it "lit" and stay "always on"? OR
  • Prolong the "screen lit time"?

Thanks and cheers

iMac 27"-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7), iPhone 4 32Gb | iPad 2 64Gb 3G WiFi

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 8:39 PM

15 replies

Oct 12, 2011 7:17 AM in response to howwow

@howwow, that is not a silly question. I found out about the new clock faces, watching the Apple Keynote podcast. Really cool stuff and luv the digital one. I need to find out how to get one of those watch bands. Anyway, your question is akin to asking if iOS devices can remain lit all the time. As you might know, they go to sleep after so long to reserve power.

Feb 22, 2012 4:27 AM in response to howwow

You won't believe it - you can actually. The default settings with no added music data will set the clockface on all the time. When I purchased mine, I didn't sync to itunes straight away, so turning it on has the clockface on, but - yes there's always a but - I was very dissappointed to see the itunes pop up instead after my first sync! - guess that's why its not a tiktok!

Apr 18, 2012 6:41 PM in response to howwow

Hey Everyone,

DISCOVERED THE ANSWER!!!!!

I recently got one of these fun little squares and I just figured out (what seems to be) a simple way to keep the clock face on. (Though, I certainly agree with the comments about the ultimate impracticality of doing so for a long time, as the the battery in this thing only has so much to give.) I'm running the latest update on it.

This seemed too easy to believe when I did it! No need to keep it empty of music! No need to keep it in Fitness running! I think this works because the clock face, stop watch, and timer are all in the same segment of it's little nano operating system.

If you turn on the stopwatch then switch back to the clock face, it will stay fully illuminated as long as the stopwatch is running. I think the limit on the stopwatch is 24 hours, but my guess is your battery is going to be dead long before that. I'd recommend setting the brightness super low if you're going to do this.

Anyway, problem solved if you want to keep it lit for however long you like. (of course you have to sacrifice the stopwatch)

Enjoy!!

Apr 19, 2012 8:36 AM in response to innerneith

CORRECTION:

Well, of course it wasn't that simple....

Sorry to have been so excited, but the stopwatch solutions is not a perfect fix.

With a bit more attention, I've discovered that by keeping the stopwatch running it will keep the watch illuminated for 10 minutes, but not forever.

However, as many have commented, this all comes down to the battery issue. Even 20-30 minutes of constant illumination seems to seriously drain the battery. The device just isn't designed to support keeping the screen on all the time. I doubt any future firmware update is going to fix that.

Oh well. At the very least, 10 minutes is a whole lot better than 1 minute. And its really easy to activate. This will help you use the watch hands free for a few minutes if you need to keep it on for some reason or just want to show it off. Hope this was helpful.

Is there a way to keep the nano (Clock face) ON all the time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.