Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artist Missing from Browse in iPod and iTunes

OK... this one is really odd, I have several artist (esp. those purchased from the iTMS) that do not show up in the "Genre, Artist, Album" view of iTunes or the "Artist" view of my iPod yet the songs are there when I look in the all songs view or the "album" view on the iPod.

What I find even more strange is that these artist/songs show up on my old 3g iPod correctly and not on my new 5g iPod video.

I've tried draging the music library back to iTunes to reindex the library and I've tried editing the ID3 tags but niether of these had any effect.

Any more ideas??? This is becoming a royal pain.

G5 iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.4), New 30gig 5g iPod video

Posted on Jan 27, 2006 6:45 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2006 11:09 AM in response to KevInTx

Just a thought. Are the songs of the 'missing artists' marked as 'Part of a compilation'?
You will find the checkbox when Getting Info (command-I) of one of the songs (Info tab).

Artists whose albums are marked as part of a compilation do not show up in the iTunes browser. Their albums will show up when you select Compilations (left part of the browser pane, below 'All (xxx Artists)').

M

Artist Missing from Browse in iPod and iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.