Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto library rebuild

I had a disaster with my iPhoto library and the backup which has been lost. Spent the last day frantically running photo recovery software and have fortunately found most of my 50,000 pictures. However when I open iPhoto 09 and attempt to recreate the library after moving all the pictures into it, I cannot see any. Any help would be most appreciated. Will iPhoto at least break the pictures into events, I understand the albums, photobooks etc are lost. When I hit info on the pictures I only see basic JPEG data, with no dates. Also, I have my more recent pictures saved in full resolution in Picasa online. Is there a way I can import those back into iPhoto- I had originally exported them to Picasa Web from iPhoto. Thanks.

IMAC

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 5:51 AM

7 replies

Oct 12, 2011 6:28 AM in response to AKR11

I pointed iPhoto to a folder (create new library) and dragged the recovered pictures in there. There was a box on the screen that said 107gb being moved and it took some time. When it was completed, iPhoto does not show any pictures even though they are in the folder it is supposed to look in. Thanks for your response.

Oct 16, 2011 6:33 AM in response to Yer_Man

So the good news is all my pictures have been recovered in full resolution. The recovery software Stellar Phoenix saved my life. I have imported, with Terences kind guidance, all the pictures into iPhoto. However, even with View->Sort Pictures all I get is 6 huge Events with 5k pictures each, however sorted by date within. I have spent this weekend recreating my Albums and have made good progress.

In addition I figured out how to download my on-line Picasa albums via RSS feed to iPhoto. So here is my question. These photos are not in full resolution, which is fine as I only need them via subscription for one reason (as I have the full resolution ones saved in iPhoto, but not yet properly organized) and that is to transfer them to my iPhone and iPad. However, there does not seem to be an option to sync iPhoto pictures under subscriptions in in iTunes to the iPhone and iPad.The only choices are to sync iPhoto Albums and Events. Is there a fast way I can get these organized ablums residing in subscriptions to the iPhone or do I have to create Albums using these. Also, is there a way to make Folders in Albums as I now have too many Albums but only 6 Events- the disaster of losing my iPhoto Library currently only has this remaining casulty that all my events are gone.

Terence, sorry to bother you again, but could you advice. Thanks again very much.

iPhoto library rebuild

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.