Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The following install step failed: run preupgrade script for AppleMobileDeviceSupport. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance

Hi All,

Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong place. I downloaded iTunes 10.5 but it won't install, I'm getting the following error message:

"The following install step failed: run preupgrade script for AppleMobileDeviceSupport. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

Any ideas as to why ?

Much appreciated in advance.

C

iMac

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 9:58 AM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2011 6:09 PM in response to ciarandebhalfromdundalk

C,

I ran into the same issue. Make sure your apple device in disconnected from the computer. It interrupts the itunes download. Disconnect and make sure itunes is closed, then try installing again. Remember that even though you close of itunes, it is often still running in the background. To make sure it's closed, click and hold the mouse on the itunes icon and select quit from the drop down menu. Then try installing the updated itunes.

Hope that helps.

SoEreal

The following install step failed: run preupgrade script for AppleMobileDeviceSupport. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.