Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and Google Calendars

I currently use Google Calendars for my calendaring which works well for me since I share a calendar with a friend.

Is there any way to sync Google Calendars with iCloud? On my Mac, all my Google Calendars still show up in iCal. However, now that I'm running iOS5, in iTunes under calendar syncing, none of the google calendars show up as being available to sync to my iPhone.

Does iCloud now prevent you from syncing Google Calendars? I'm sure I'd be happy to switch to iCloud entirely, but would rather not go through the hassle of recreating/importing my existing calendars.

Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 11:00 AM

Have you followed the steps in this KB article?

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4372>

7 replies

Oct 15, 2011 10:21 PM in response to zeliset

you won't believe this, but i just figured it out! on your iphone, go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars > then where it has your gmail, click on that and delete the account. don't worry it just removes it from your iphone. keep the phone on that screen for now. then go to your computer and use the iphoneselect link above, and save all the additional calendars you want to view from your google calendars. then go back to your phone and re-add your gmail account again and the calendars reappear. let me know if this works for you ok? i don't have icloud on my computer right now, so i disabled icloud updating anything gmail/calendar/contacts related, since that gets synced via itunes.

Message was edited by: zeliset

Nov 14, 2011 4:59 AM in response to Argelius

I posted a similar comment on another thread. This discussion illustrates the point. Google's tools are used more widely and used with companies and schools. There really isn't a technical reason that iCloud couldn't sync with Google's address book and calendar system (same models usd in the individual apps). You could register with iCloud those accounts and calendars you want to keep track of and then your Apple devices would only need to sync with iCloud.

iCloud and Google Calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.