Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resolutions are back

This could help a few people who wish to convert HDMI for older TV's it might also help those where frequency has caused problems.

MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 16 Gb RAM-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Apple TV 1, Apple TV 2.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 11:22 AM

8 replies

Oct 12, 2011 6:37 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Can anyone else confirm this? Specifically, does 480p now show up on ALL configurations with the Apple TV2? In the past, it seemed to be present on some installations but not others (i.e. may have been some type of diagnostic or test mode that some people stumbled into).

Also, I'm guessing this only works for resolutions below 720p, that is, can someone confirm that there is still no support for output at 1080i.

Oct 13, 2011 1:38 AM in response to Adrian Whitfield

Unfortunately not as user enforceable as we'd hoped. Although my tv can support all expected 24p/50p/60p resolutions up to 1080p, I can't set it to 720/60p only 720/50p. It just states my tv won't support 720/60p which it clearly will. Have tried both through my amp and directly to my tv.

And so, all 24 fps and 30fps video plays back horribly. Which is everything I have. Please fix Apple.

Resolutions are back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.