1 2 3 Previous Next 172 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 4:35 PM by vicu76
Daniel Leary 2008 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Anyone else having this problem where the Mail client on you Mac will not accept you new iClould account when you try to add you new iCloud account through the Mail preferences? I am running Snow Leopard.

MBP15, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • 1. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    armandoEstrada Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here, my mail service keeps saying "starting" indefinite.  I now have no mail through ANY device, IOS or my Mac.  Lion and IOS 5.

• 2. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    Daniel Leary 2008 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

My problem is just limited to the iClould mail account i just created. All my other mail accounts work perfectly with Mail on my Mac as well as my iPhone running iOS5. Im not a developer so im not sure but it seems like Mail needs an update or something because when i put in my iCloud account into Mail, it serches MobileMe instead of iCloud bacuse the iCloud email domain is the same me.com. Im not sure if that made sense but hopeful it does.

• 3. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    armandoEstrada Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I guess i should ahve stated that I have a .mac email address tied to my MobileMe, not a Me.  Also, my apple ID is none of these.  I wish there was a way to consolidate my Apple ID's into one.

• 4. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    el Duque Level 1 Level 1 (135 points)

Same problem.  Mail stuck on "Starting...".  Mail will not load, and it looks like the incoming mail server is blank for some reason.  This would explain why no mail is loading.

• 5. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    el Duque Level 1 Level 1 (135 points)

Same problem.  Mail stuck on "Starting...".  Mail will not load, and it looks like the incoming mail server is blank for some reason.  This would explain why no mail is loading.

• 6. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    feck Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I have similar symptoms.

• The iCloud pane in System Preferences says "Starting..." and never finished.
    • Adding an account in OS X Mail prompts me for the Incoming Mail Server, even though it recognizes it as an iCloud account. Leaving leaving the field empty results in Mail unable to connect to the server.
    • Clicking on Mail in the iCloud web interface tells me I need to create an @me.com email address by enabling Mail in the iCloud System Preference.

I am using an existing MobileMe account (previously a .Mac account) which is my AppleID.

• 7. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    feck Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I have similar symptoms.

• The iCloud pane in System Preferences says "Starting..." and never finished.
    • Adding an account in OS X Mail prompts me for the Incoming Mail Server, even though it recognizes it as an iCloud account. Leaving leaving the field empty results in Mail unable to connect to the server.
    • Clicking on Mail in the iCloud web interface tells me I need to create an @me.com email address by enabling Mail in the iCloud System Preference.

I am using an existing MobileMe account (previously a .Mac account) which is my AppleID.

• 8. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    Bodean11 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Sams issue!!

• 9. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    imegs Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issues as everyone else. Hope someone has a solution for us. I don't really want to loose my old .mac / .me email addresses.

• 10. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    SharkBaitDLS Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I got my iCloud account set up on Lion, but now in mail after the outgoing server repeatedly rejected my password I'm stuck with this error:
    "The server “p08-smtp.mail.me.com” cannot be contacted on the default ports."

• 11. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    discuser Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem with familiy account. Incoming mail server field is blank, no chance to activate mail, "Starting...." again and again. Tried to delete new iCloud account and started from scratch... no chance... same behaviour.

When I try to activate iCloud on my iPhone the preferences pane crashes immediately when I insert my user name and passwort. Mail app on iPhone crashes too.... now it is working (without iCloud) and is sending and receiving mail.

Nightmare!!

• 12. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    Flittner Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

same problem here

• 13. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    Frontage Road Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Same issue. iCloud doesn't enable Mail client. Missing incoming server, and iCloud Mail setup keeping spinning and doesn't do anything.

• 14. Re: Mail client and iCloud issues
    John Bohaychuk Level 1 Level 1 (75 points)

Same issure here. I did notice if you turn off the Mail and Notes in iCloud system prefs and quit preferences. Then go back and enable it it tries again but nothing happens. There is a hint of a message but it says that you can not change your iclod email address after creating it.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact iCloud uses the me.com login (see in mail, contacts and calendars) but iCloud (the cloud part) thinks its a mac.com account.

1 2 3 Previous Next