Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving to iCloud - Family membership and 3G handsets

Ok, so I have an iPhone 4 and am the main MobileMe account holder under a family membership. My wife has a me.com email address which I assigned to her, and I want to move everything of mine over to iCloud. If I do that by signing in to me.com with my own Apple ID, will my wife be able to still use the MobileMe services on her 3G as normal until such time that she upgrades and switches over to iCloud under her own Apple ID, or do all accounts under the family pack automatically get switched over meaning she can't then access anything on iOS4?

I'm worried that if I move everything over, she'll no longer be able to use her me.com email on her 3G. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 1:58 PM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2011 4:27 PM in response to Tucker77

I believe, as Apple states, that all family member accounts can be tranisitioned separately regardless if it's a sub account or the master account.

As for the 3G I'm in the same boat. If I upgrade my account to iCloud will I still be able to get mail, addressbook and iCal syncing? I think I might be able to get mail because probably the mail server settings are probably the same.

Moving to iCloud - Family membership and 3G handsets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.