Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicated events on iCal after moving to iCloud

Hi, i just updated mi iphone 4 to iOS5, then updated iTunes, then updated OSX Lion to 10.7.2, then moved to icloud...

Everything seems to be ok, but there's a problem: my events duplicated on iCal in my macbookpro...

Every input has cloned itself!

But, when checking on icloud and on my iphone, no duplicates!

So... what should i do?, 'cause if i delete a duplicated event from iCal in my computer, leaving only one, the event erases at all in iCloud and in my iPhone...

Weird.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate your time, thank you!

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 2:32 PM

15 replies

Oct 12, 2011 4:02 PM in response to Jorge Charcot

Hi Jorge. I just went through this entire process. I was able to rid myself of duplicates, however, I am still trying to figure out how to match a hard copy to my Mac without creating duplicates.

- Make sure you have your events on the Mac

- Go to iCloud on phone and turn off iCloud on everything (for now). It will tell you it will delete everything off iCloud (this is fine if you have everything you need on your Mac).

- Go into iTunes on Mac and "turn of Sync with this iPhone over Wi-fi" & check "back up to this computer"

-Go to info tab in iTunes on Mac. Check sync "contacts" & sync "calendars"

- While you are in the info tab also check "calendars" & "contacts" in the Replace Information on This iPhone section under Advanced.

- Synch

- If everything matches up properly go back to iPhone and turn iCloud back on for what you want

- Go to iCal on Mac and in the top left hand corner there is a "calendar" button that when you click it, it shows calendars for "On my Mac" and "iCloud".

- You can delete the "On my Mac" calendars to rid yourself of the duplicates.

***This is how I did it. You may be able to just delete the "On my Mac" calendars but I am not sure if that will take them off of iCloud and your iPhone. You can give it a try first as it may be less time consuming.

So, my issue is still trying to figure out how to keep matching calendars as a backup on Mac without the duplicates. Any takers?

Oct 12, 2011 11:55 PM in response to Jorge Charcot

Here's a simple solution that worked for me.

Of course, don't forget to first back up your iCal data (File > Export > iCal Archive...) first in case anything goes wrong!

When I looked in the Accounts pane in iCal's preferences, I noticed that there seemed to be two identical accounts listed. I just deleted one of the accounts, and all the duplicates (both events and reminders) disappeared.

Oct 13, 2011 8:39 AM in response to Jorge Charcot

iCloud creates a new group of calendars that show up on your mac. In iCal, click the "Calendars" button on the top left and you'll see what i'm talking about. I just unchecked all of my calenders that weren't under the icloud heading and that solved it. Then I did the same on my iPhone, and it was all good. Make sure to reset the default calendar/to-do in preferences to the icloud cals too.

Oct 14, 2011 7:19 PM in response to Jorge Charcot

My ipad has the duplicate events in ical. I've just got icloud running -- no on my mac.

On the ipad in ical if I pull down the calendars only my "All icloud" is checked along with all the checks on the various icloud calendars. If I unselect a particular calendar, BOTH of my duplicate events disappear.

How can I keep just one event? Thanks.

Oct 14, 2011 7:42 PM in response to jonfrompasadena

hey jon,

first of all I am sorry I don't have an answer, but I can share what's been going on with me today.

I got icloud up and running and have gmail calendar configured as my default calender within ical on my macbook. Once it got going and the first sync happened. I lost all of my gmail calendar events! On my macbook, the gmail events are in ical and on my iphone4s, only the appointments I manually put in ical is there.

So i take off a few hours and just checked it. Now more of the events from the gmail calendar are showing up in ical, still wiped clean in gmail, and no improvement on my iphone4s. SO with that said, i think there are some obvious bugs and fixes that need to be addressed.

I had Apple on the phone and it could not be explained due to the freshness of the service. Understandable. I will only be using ical from now on. I am going to nix gmail calendar all together and only use ical....

Oct 15, 2011 9:04 AM in response to outbackmark

I'm unchecking the "ON MY MAC" to have all calendars sync.

iCal on your iOS devices sync to the iCloud. ON MY MAC iCal has TWO sets of Calendars. One is iOS devices/iCloud and the other is ON YOUR MAC. Use the calendars button upper left corner and and have only your iCloud calendar selected. Now if you add an event on your iPhone the iCloud will sync to your mac.

Seems odd one has two sets of calendars. Maybe because I have an IMAP mail account and not using Apple's mail account.

On my mac iCal prefs/Accounts— I have one listed "iCloud". System/pref/Mail, contacts calendars—I have two listed "iCloud" and "IMAP mail".

Oct 29, 2011 11:38 PM in response to Jorge Charcot

Hi I too have duplicate entires but on my address book especially annoying in the car where every phone number is duplicated. I note that the Groups on my iPhone show seperately those "on my iPhone" and those on my .me account so I am guessing I have to delete the former but cannot find out how to do that, or merge them.

Secondly, my Apple ID is a .mac, whereas in system preferences under iCloud it shows .me, even though I can log into iCloud with my .mac Apple ID - could this be causing confusion (I was mobileme before the big switch)

May thanks

duplicated events on iCal after moving to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.