Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5 Bricked my iPhone. Error 3004

I updated my OSX and iTunes. Tried updating to iOS 5 on my 3GS and it failed. Now my iphone shows the "Plug in to itunes" picture on my iPhone. When I plug it into the iPhone, it says its in recovery mode and I need to restore.

However, when I restore it, I get another error.

Also, a few of the things are important on my iPhone, I do not want everything erased.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 3:23 PM

6 replies

Oct 13, 2011 1:09 AM in response to PinkLouise

I'm getting countless facebook updates and such that iphones and other devices have stopped working through the latest updates.

Apple, what a joke.

I submitted a thread yesterday that never got accepted into this forum. My macbook pro is sitting in a shelf because it's so slow I can't use it anymore after the Lion update. Updated my iPhone yesterday, and noticed Whatsapp is no longer supported anymore. This means I have to go back to texting anyone who does not own an iPhone again. Is this your idea of service apple? I think all your company's success got a little out of hand here...

I'm selling my apple devices and switching back to android and windows.

Oct 13, 2011 1:14 AM in response to tifloris

well, I hope it will work tonight, as I don't want to have to take it to the apple store. I've never had any problems with my mac products, so was very disappointed last night, and that fact that the restore failed too!! I'm currently in work with a Nokia that cost 10 quid, and can make calls and send texts! Not a happy bunny 😟

iOS 5 Bricked my iPhone. Error 3004

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.