Skip navigation

iOS 5 Bricked my iPhone. Error 3004

2827 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 3:20 AM by William Kucharski RSS
bhaskar21 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 12, 2011 3:26 PM

I updated my OSX and iTunes. Tried updating to iOS 5 on my 3GS and it failed. Now my iphone shows the "Plug in to itunes" picture on my iPhone. When I plug it into the iPhone, it says its in recovery mode and I need to restore.

However, when I restore it, I get another error.

Also, a few of the things are important on my iPhone, I do not want everything erased.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3
  • scm7mae Calculating status...
    Oct 12, 2011 11:57 PM (in response to bhaskar21)

same problem for me   Going to try manual restore again as last night iTunes couldn't contact the apple update servers!!

Anyone else had the issue or can help??

• PinkLouise Level 3 Level 3 (540 points)
    Oct 13, 2011 1:02 AM (in response to scm7mae)

Just keep trying and keep calm!!!!! I wasn't calm last night when the same thing happened to me. Your phone will be fine. The servers are in meltdown. Took me approx 20 tries to get mine done.

• tifloris Calculating status...
    Oct 13, 2011 1:09 AM (in response to PinkLouise)

I'm getting countless facebook updates and such that iphones and other devices have stopped working through the latest updates.

Apple, what a joke.

I submitted a thread yesterday that never got accepted into this forum. My macbook pro is sitting in a shelf because it's so slow I can't use it anymore after the Lion update. Updated my iPhone yesterday, and noticed Whatsapp is no longer supported anymore. This means I have to go back to texting anyone who does not own an iPhone again. Is this your idea of service apple? I think all your company's success got a little out of hand here...

I'm selling my apple devices and switching back to android and windows.

• scm7mae Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 13, 2011 1:14 AM (in response to tifloris)

well, I hope it will work tonight, as I don't want to have to take it to the apple store.  I've never had any problems with my mac products, so was very disappointed last night, and that fact that the restore failed too!!  I'm currently in work with a Nokia that cost 10 quid, and can make calls and send texts!  Not a happy bunny

• bonje Calculating status...
    Oct 15, 2011 3:05 AM (in response to bhaskar21)

I downloaded the ios5. Tried updating but error 3004 came up after two tries. The only option is to continue trying as the apple server is swarmed. Now, I'm up and running with ios5 on my ip4. Cheers mate!

• William Kucharski Level 6 Level 6 (14,395 points)
    Oct 15, 2011 3:20 AM (in response to bonje)

Note that the servers are swamped again tonight because about one million new iPhone 4S owners are trying to activate their phones.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.