Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use Keynote iPad app and ATV Airplay feature

I'd like to use Keynote on my iPad with my Apple TV using Air Play. I see that the feature is included in iOS 5. I am one of the lucky people who got it installed OK. But even though I can use AirPLay with the video app, I see no options in Keynote to send the presenation to the ATV. How does this work? How do I make it work?

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 3:31 PM

12 replies

Oct 13, 2011 8:26 AM in response to kpurcell

It's obvious, but not 100% logical: start Airplay through the multitasking bar (double click home button, swipe left to the end of the running apps bar, click on airplay icon), select your target and start mirroring. With mirroring on start Keynote, then play presentation. The presentation will properly play on your target (Apple TV or other) while you get the remote screen showing slide, now and next or slide and notes on the iPad. Should work on the iPhone and I can't wait to try it for real.

Oct 13, 2011 9:19 AM in response to kpurcell

That is the way how it works. Home button twice and move to the side where you were used to have "ipod" feature. Than, suddenly you have it on your screen. That place is a bit funny, for Keynote. Because in the description of keynote 1.5 it is said it does support Airplay, but it is only the mirroring! I do not get a full screen for keynote on my TVset.

Oct 14, 2011 1:08 AM in response to vongole1

Great, I am glad you got it to work. But how are you making it work? I have upgraded my apple tv's (all 4), and the iphone 4 and the ipad 1, and none of them connect using keynote. I can stream movies and music throught the apple TV using the double home click method, but not keynote. This is a very desired feature for me so please explain how you are connecting to the apple tv through keynote?

Mar 14, 2015 3:46 PM in response to kpurcell

I have been using the same IPAD for about 2 years now. I guess I must have forgotten how to get it to work, so I'm hoping that this will help someone. On Iphone 5 and Iphone 6, mirroring is a clearly visible option to turn on/off. However, with the older Ipad that I have, it is quite hidden. The solution for this is as follows: if you will hold your finger where IPAD and APPLE TV appear, (Mirroring can't be seen at this point) You have to scroll up to reveal the mirroring button to turn it on. I am able to play Keynotes and do all I want to do through APPLE TV on the same wireless network. It cost me a few bucks for this training reminder. I hope this helps someone with the older IPADs, It works great (It's just hidden).

Thanks

How do I use Keynote iPad app and ATV Airplay feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.