Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Lion / Finder / New email with Attachment / change email client for sending email

Hello all,

Im using OS X Lion.

When i am in Finder and find a file (say a document for example) that i decide to email to a friend, I right click on the document and then choose "New Email with Attachment".

This launches the Mail email client with the file attached ready for sending.

However, my default and preferred email client for reading and sending is MSOutlook for Mac.

How can i set it so that when i click the "New Email with attachment" the email OPENS up in MSOutlook instead of Mac Mail ?

(Note: I have already set the option within Mac Mail > Preferences > General tab > Default email reader > MS Outlook, however as the name of the option suggests, this only affects emails that are clicked on to be read, not for emails being prepared for sending).

Hope someone knows a trick or two?

Indy

Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 3:35 PM

6 replies

Nov 17, 2011 11:17 AM in response to panesai1

I found a solution:

http://www.officeformachelp.com/2010/11/create-a-service-to-attach-files-to-a-ne w-outlook-for-mac-mail-message/

The only difference to the steps in the above guide was that the Library in Automator did not list Microsoft Outlook, but the "Create New Outlook Mail Message" action was listed in the second pane (along with all the other Microsoft application actions).

I just tested it and it works – just a bit slower than the Mac Mail service though, but I'm not complaining 🙂

OS X Lion / Finder / New email with Attachment / change email client for sending email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.