Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone Continuously Restarting after bad update Thread

For what i see from the official forums there are two kinds of problem with the update.

The one that give an error message ( probably unable to reach the apple server ) when try to recover , and the ones that have the problem of continus restart.

I opened that thread to speak about the second problem.

As like alot of you i've tried to update the iphone do iOS5 today.

I have an iPhone 4 with last version of FW ( before the 5.0 ofcorse ), Lion at last update , and Last version of itunes.

I've downloaded the new firmware.

When i tried to install it itunes gave me an error ( dont remember the number sorry ), then told me that i have to restore my device.

I cliked on restore than iphone desapeared from itunes, and now continue to restart, it show the apple, then the apple whith progression bar for 2 sec then shutdown and restart again.

Any clue to how solve that problema?

It shoud not be related to apples server anymore, i think is a brik of the device, any one have any idea about unlock that situation?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 4:46 PM

9 replies

Oct 12, 2011 5:01 PM in response to Tel.A.

Hm? Shut down your iphone by holding down the home and lock button. Then hold the lock button for 10 seconds... then the home button for 10 seconds without releasing the lock button.. then only hold the home button for 10 seconds.. This should be done with your iphone tethered. You can still do it even though itunes doesnt recognize your phone. Its just a method to possibly allow you to restore your iphone if its the last resort

Oct 12, 2011 7:15 PM in response to Domm

I admit that notwithstanding my desperation in getting out of this horrifying infinite loop, I ignored Domm's post about putting the phone into DFU mode and the link he posted,

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3374810.

As my desperation worsened to fix the phone, I retraced my steps and went to that link and followed the instructions EXACTLY. That was the ONLY suggestion in all these boards that worked. It broke the loop, allowed me to restore and update the phone, and now I have iOS5.

So I suggest everyone try that. It worked for me.

And THANK YOU DOMM for the great suggestion!!!! I didn't find it anywhere else, as the instructions at that site are just a bit different from the holding down home and on/off siwtches. So, others with the same problem, check it out!

The iPhone Continuously Restarting after bad update Thread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.