8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 3:00 PM by golfmommy
William Huisking1 Level 1 (15 points)

I updated to IOS 5 and my college email account had 3670 emails that I had previously read and were up to date on. Unfortunately, the dowloading and uploading the IOS5 completely restored my IPHONE which I believe deleted the fact that I had been up to date. HOW do I easily delete all these emails?

DO I have to go to the edit screen and then delete them manually one by one?????

Thanks,

Skip

• Tom Murray2 Level 4 (1,155 points)

Same problem here. Unfortunately, I have never seen a delete all feature.

• fdumlao Level 1 (0 points)

same here

• pennijj Level 1 (0 points)

Same thing here. I think I will try deleting them from the computer, which usually removes them from my phone, then try syncing again. Hopefully it works...

• golfmommy Level 1 (0 points)

I have the exact same problem & just posted a similar question.  FYI,  I'm using a Go Daddy, POP account.

The problem is tied to the upgrade to ios 5.   Last week, I upgraded to ios 5 on my 3G to make sure my PC was current when I recieved my 4G this week.

On the 3G, I had to delete over 2,600 emails and thought all would be fine with the new 4G but NO.   Now I have over 3000 emails to delete on my 4G!    They are all the same ones I just got done deleting last week + other emails that were deleted last week.

Very frustrating!    Sure hope there is a way to delete all these emails at once!!!!!

• modular747 Level 6 (18,730 points)

No, there isn't.  As explained in another thread you posted the same question, the problem is that you misconfigured your POP account.

• Csound1 Level 8 (46,880 points)

golfmommy wrote:

I have the exact same problem & just posted a similar question.  FYI,  I'm using a Go Daddy, POP account.

The problem is tied to the upgrade to ios 5.   Last week, I upgraded to ios 5 on my 3G to make sure my PC was current when I recieved my 4G this week.

On the 3G, I had to delete over 2,600 emails and thought all would be fine with the new 4G but NO.   Now I have over 3000 emails to delete on my 4G!    They are all the same ones I just got done deleting last week + other emails that were deleted last week.

Very frustrating!    Sure hope there is a way to delete all these emails at once!!!!!

Delete them from the GoDaddy account on the website

Thanks for your reply.   I sent some additional information on your post to my original question.    Take care,

Thanks Csound1.    I willl make sure my Go Daddy deleted file is emptied.