Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete 3670 Emails that were reloaded after updating to IOS 5

I updated to IOS 5 and my college email account had 3670 emails that I had previously read and were up to date on. Unfortunately, the dowloading and uploading the IOS5 completely restored my IPHONE which I believe deleted the fact that I had been up to date. HOW do I easily delete all these emails?

DO I have to go to the edit screen and then delete them manually one by one?????

Thanks,

Skip

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 5:36 PM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2011 2:36 PM in response to William Huisking1

I have the exact same problem & just posted a similar question. FYI, I'm using a Go Daddy, POP account.

The problem is tied to the upgrade to ios 5. Last week, I upgraded to ios 5 on my 3G to make sure my PC was current when I recieved my 4G this week.

On the 3G, I had to delete over 2,600 emails and thought all would be fine with the new 4G but NO. Now I have over 3000 emails to delete on my 4G! They are all the same ones I just got done deleting last week + other emails that were deleted last week.

Very frustrating! Sure hope there is a way to delete all these emails at once!!!!!

Oct 26, 2011 2:40 PM in response to golfmommy

golfmommy wrote:

I have the exact same problem & just posted a similar question. FYI, I'm using a Go Daddy, POP account.

The problem is tied to the upgrade to ios 5. Last week, I upgraded to ios 5 on my 3G to make sure my PC was current when I recieved my 4G this week.

On the 3G, I had to delete over 2,600 emails and thought all would be fine with the new 4G but NO. Now I have over 3000 emails to delete on my 4G! They are all the same ones I just got done deleting last week + other emails that were deleted last week.

Very frustrating! Sure hope there is a way to delete all these emails at once!!!!!

Delete them from the GoDaddy account on the website

How do I delete 3670 Emails that were reloaded after updating to IOS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.