Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Not synching contacts and calendars

iCloud is not synching new entries in either direction of contacts or calendars. I have then set to ON in iphone settings.

Any idea why not?

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 5:33 PM

39 replies

Oct 13, 2011 9:19 AM in response to Jeff Friedman

Sorry. Not sure where those ampersands came from. Anyways, I found that in order to be able to sync your iCloud calendar to your mac osx lion calendar you must first open up prefs in iCal and go to accounts, then add new account. Here you will have the option to select "iCloud" account. Once you do, you will notice that you will have a duplicate of every event in your calendar. This is because it is displaying "your mac calendar" and "iCloud" calendar all at once. All you got to do is click on calendars on the top left (within iCal of course) and deselect all the "your mac calendars" leaving solely iCloud. This may just be a work around but it seems it's just (do i dare say it?) "by design"

Oct 13, 2011 9:41 AM in response to Jeff Friedman

Yes, Lion is required to get iCloud integration in the OS. Not out of the box though. There was an update released same time with iOS5 for Lion that opened it up for iCloud. Then u need an update for either iLife or appeture to have your pictures sync via the iCloud & the Mac. Lots of updates but all that gets u syncing as advertised.

Oct 13, 2011 1:35 PM in response to Bekzod

first & most obvious is to make sure you've updated your Lion to include iCloud support. If you have then check preferences of your contacts & make sure the iCloud service is in services & is set as the default. If all of that is swell then go into preferences & turn off contacts then re-turn on. this should resync it.

Oct 14, 2011 5:31 AM in response to Jeff Friedman

I had started a similar thread, and got a solution from there, reposted here...

"I get the following error when attempting to enable Calendars & Tasks on my PC:

"Restart outlook with mail enabled before turning on calendars & tasks or contacts.

You need to add your iCloud Mail account before Calendars & Tasks or Contacts can be set up."

Although I was just able to get Contacts to set up, no joy on calendars. Originally, it wouldn't work for both, but I checked Contacts, that worked, and now it still doesn't for Calendars.

Any thoughts?

Vista Ultimate x64

Outlook 2007

iCloud, Windows Vista

Correct Answer by robertfrompearl city on Oct 14, 2011 3:01 AM

User uploaded file

go to FILE > INFO > ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Then, on E-MAIL tab, select you @me.com address and "set as default".

This worked for me. It was SO refreshing! After hours of struggling with it!"

"This one finally worked for me. It took 2 restarts of Outlook, as well as setting iCloud as the Default data file (which prevented outlook from starting), changing the default back to my other, then restarting again, and now it works. Totally and completely, including creating a test event on outlook, seeing it on icloud, deleting it on icloud, and it going away on outlook.

Great find robertfrompearlcity, you fixed it, but it shouldn't be some random setting to change, and then change back and it still works..."

iCloud Not synching contacts and calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.