Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PhotoStream

Hi, where do you view the PhotoStream? I updated iPhoto and put a couple of photo in Photo Stream, but cannot find where to view it online. Can you view it online or is it just viewed through iPhoto? BTW everything is updated, MBA, iMac, iPhone and iPod. Last but not least iWork.com is awesome, working great.

MacBook Air,Imac Intel, G4,G3, iPod5G, iPodTouch4., Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 5:39 PM

7 replies

Oct 12, 2011 9:20 PM in response to Mack Johnson

you watch the photos via iPhoto. Just go to its settings and enable photostream.

The same on the iOS device and you will see your photos on both - Mac and iOS device.

But you can't select what is shown, it just picks up ALL recent pictures from both iPhoto ( or on Aperture if that's what one uses ) and from the camera roll in iOS.

Oct 14, 2011 5:33 AM in response to Mack Johnson

Evidently, this isn't supported under Snow Leopard.

What crap--I have a Core Duo MacBook (early 2006) that can't update to Lion (need Core 2 Duo) but is okay running iPhoto 9.2. Why can't Photostream be supported? Or some of the other iCloud features such as calendar synching?

Apple really screwed up on this issue--nothing talked about these features being Lion only. If you go onto Apple's site, there's still no mention of lack of support for Snow Leopard. And this extends to the need for a control panel for iCloud, which is also missing.

Crazy that Apple won't support it's own 2-year-old OS with iCloud but will support the 5-year-old Windows Vista.

There was talk in August of a 10.6.9 release supporting iCloud, but nothing's been mentioned recently.

Oct 14, 2011 6:01 AM in response to Mark Cohen2

Mark Cohen2 wrote:

Evidently, this isn't supported under Snow Leopard.

Yes. Iphoto 9.2 supports the streams, but only in OSX 10.7.2, because this is the minimum OS to have the iCloud preference pane in SystemSettings.

It looks like this, then ( I use Aperture, so I have turned iPhoto off, the stream can only be enabled in one app, either iPhoto or Aperture ) :

User uploaded file

I would not hope for SnowLeopard support. It is not just a prefpane.. the Lion update was over 800MB and installed lot of new stuff. But at least it is now stable and fast ( before 10.7.2 it was extremely slow and crashed often ).

Message was edited by: Sjazbec

PhotoStream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.