Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i sync music so slow,

why do i sync music so slow ?im using ipod touch 4G ios5 itunes10.5 and my music sync like 100songs for 1hour why who can tell me plzz

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 6:00 PM

Who knows. My iPod Touch 4 64GB is taking forever to restore data. The transfer rate is significantly slower now with iOS 5. Photos are taking the longest, only doing a few photos every couple of seconds, and photos used to sync very fast.

15 replies

Oct 13, 2011 6:57 AM in response to jenyuan

Same problem here:

- iPhone 4, 32 GB with iOS 5 connected via USB 2 with an iPod Dock (just like with iOS 4.3.x)

- iTunes 10.5

- MacOS 10.7.2 (iMac with C2D, 2,4 GHz, 6 GB RAM...)

iTunes took more then 2 hours to sync ~200 songs (total 1500 synced of ~2300) - started restoring my iPhone four hours ago and its still not done... seems very slow compared to syncing with iOS 4.

I thought it might sync over WiFi but after turning off all wireless connections (Edge, 3G, WiFi) it still synced that slow so I ensured it syncs over the cable...

I just restored an iOS 5 backup from last night because I forgot my new password - d'oh.

Oct 13, 2011 7:10 AM in response to lllaass

yes I do, but I wonder why it takes so long because I sync exactly the same music for > 1 month now reduced to 128 kbit/s - and after the initial sync it never took so long again...

but as you mention it: iTunes is consuming 100% of one Core atm so it propably converts the Music again (which I could have sworn it didn't earlier).

anyways that might be my problem - I wonder why iTunes doesn't keep a 128 kbit/s copy once it was converted... in Times of 4 TB storage that shouldn't hurt anyone

Oct 17, 2011 1:44 AM in response to jenyuan

Same here, with my 10.7.2 Lion MacBook and iPhone 4 updated with iOS 5.

As a matter of fact, as suggested by lllaass I enabled the option to use the compressed aac version. What seems strange is that the processor is not on heavy load (the fan spins but.. it's a late 2007 MacBook!).

It would be nice to find a way to preserve the new AAC version instead of losing it. Otherwise, the "compressed aac option" is just a way to lose precious time.

M

Oct 25, 2011 9:42 PM in response to cragrat

My experience is that I have much of my music in AAC format - having previously converted it from MP3. This is at varying bitrates from 128- 256 mostly.

128 transfers sweetly across quickly, 256 doesn't. I have been converting these in iTunes to 128 (settings in itunes/preferences/ general/import settings then choose your rate.... but it is a slow process, re importing from a CD isn't really an option since most of my music has been given to me by friends

Dec 22, 2012 12:26 PM in response to jebjshop

Restored my ipad as its coming up to the new year, want it all fresh but my iTunes is taking up to 18 hours to sync over 5000 songs" and now the tunes on my iTunes from CDs don't sound good anymore.. More skips and jumps... I hope apple fix this, as I don't want to be downloading Digital music. I have over 400 album on cd from 2000 til 2012. Now this

Dec 13, 2014 12:00 PM in response to kev-2009

I am a long time Apple user, and have had every generation of iPod, etc. Today, I added two songs to a playlist, and wanted to sync my iPod Touch 64gb. I am running Yosemite and the latest iOS. That was an hour ago. 5 minutes ago, I hit "Cancel Sync." It's still "canceling sync." *** Apple? Why is this so **** miserably slow and hard. This is not a new experience, just a repetitive one. And why is it getting worse?

why do i sync music so slow,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.