Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't copy music from a shared library - Ver. 10.5

My husband and I recently upgraded itunes to 10.5. We can still see each other's libraries, but for some reason I can't copy any of his music into my library like I used to. In the past, I would highlight the songs and drag them to my library. I've also tried the import button, but this doesn't work either. I keep getting this error:

The selected files could not be copied from "Peter's Library" because an error occurred (-3259).

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 7:02 PM

9 replies

Oct 14, 2011 9:46 AM in response to bird66

Same here. Although I get nothing at all, no error message, nothing. It just won't copy anymore. 😟

EDIT: I spoke too soon... It timed out after about 5 minutes and thew an error: "Can't copy blah blah because an error occurred", can't remember exactly but I think it was either -12004 or 12004.

Oct 28, 2011 9:42 AM in response to bird66

Check to make sure Home Sharing is still turned on under the 'Advanced' menu. If it is turn it off and then back on again and make sure you are logging in using the same Apple ID on both computers. You could also try de-authorizing and then re-authorizing the computers under the 'Store' menu again using the same Apple ID on both.

If that doesn't solve the problem try restarting the computers, if you haven't yet. It's surprising how many times that can solve a problem.

can't copy music from a shared library - Ver. 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.