I have the same problem, on my ipad, the Appstore and iTunes menus at the bottom of the screen changed from English to Chinese (I am in Hong Kong) and despite setting the language to English and even changing my location to other English speaking cities cannot fix that. Do I have to wait for future updates that deal with this problem? It is annoying.
I just had the same issue with the Appstore being in Dutch, while I'd like it in French. I solved it by:
- opening the appstore on the iphone
- going to the bottom of the top25 screen
- clicking the apple account button (with my mac.com address on)
- selecting the disconnect option
- clicking the button again and login in (with the same account)
Same problem here, I live in Switzerland (french part of the country) and it also change my App Store and iTunes to german language.
I tried to followings:
- Clear data in Safari --> no effect at all (iTunes or App Store)
- App Store : Sign Out / Sign In --> it worked
- iTunes : Sign Out / Sign In --> did not work
Please, find a solution for iTunes, I do not speak german.
Log into "manage your account" at;
Select "Language and Contact Preferences"
Change Preferred Language to correct language.
Select "Save Changes"
Connect iPad to Mac and open iTunes, then select iPad device to open Summary page.
Device will restore (iOS 5) After completion, restore your backed up image.
Language should now be correct in iTunes and app store.
I found the fix for this... at least for the App Store. I guess it should work for iCloud too!
1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com, then log on, then go in the language settings and check if it says "French". If so, set it to English, and save your change.
2. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings->Store->click on your Apple id->Select "Sign Out"
3. Then I rebooted my iPhone ...it changed the Apps in the App Store to their English version but the options bar was still in French... that was encouraging...
4. ...so I decided to reset my iPhone and restore from the previous backup. I did the reset not through iTunes (just in case) but directly on the iPhone through Settings->General->Reset->Erase All Content and Settings. It took a few seconds, boot back by itself (and after a few setup questions) asked me to plug into my PC and restore through a backup I had in iTunes.
...After step 4, the options bar of my iPhone App Store was also in English... Hurray !!!
I finally found a solution, follow these steps :
On your iPhone :
- Go to Settings and Store
- Click on "Apple ID: ***" --> Sign Out
On your computer :
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/
- Click on "Manage your account"
- Then to "Language and Contact Preferences"
- Change the language to what you prefer (English in my case), then "SAVE"
Go back to you iPhone :
- Run the iTunes app
- Go to "Ping" and Sign In.
--> tada, it's back to your language.
The problem is the langage preference of your AppleID seems to reset randomly. Apple please fix this!