Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen iPhone 4 iOS5 won't reset and has colored lines covering screen.

I recently updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 5. Everything was working well, I made a call, synced it, and updated some apps. I went into my settings to change my ringtone, and it froze for a couple seconds backing out in the settings app. I then went to my Clock app to set an alarm. as I tried to turn the alarm off, it was unresponsive. Now, the entire screen is covered in thin, small, variously colored, vertical lines. There is a lighted region in the center that is rectangular with darker shadowing around it as shown in this photo.

User uploaded file

I have attempted all possibilities of resetting the phone (Holding the wake/sleep button to power off, holding the sleep.wake button until logo appears, and holding the wake/sleep button and "Home" button until the logo appears), but none of them work at all. The phone simply stays like this. I tried to plug it into the wall charger, but nothing happened. I tried to plug it into the computer, but nothing happened. HELP!

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 9:18 PM

2 replies

Frozen iPhone 4 iOS5 won't reset and has colored lines covering screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.