Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reinstall iPhoto from App Store

Before the 10.7.2 update, I had iLife '11 installed on my new MacBook Pro. When the update came out for 10.7.2, it needed to update iPhoto as well in order to sync with iCloud properly, so I went into the App Store and did that. However, the download got interrupted and I couldn't install it for some reason after that. I go to iPhoto, and it says "Accept" instead of "Install"-- I click it, it asks me for my Apple ID and password, and when I enter it, I get this message:

"These apps have already been accepted. These apps were already assigned to your Apple ID and are available in your Purchases list."

But the problem is, iPhoto ISN'T in my purchases list. I tried "check for unfinished downloads" and have searched the forums for hours with no luck. This seems like a pretty big bug and I'm hoping it gets resolved soon. Currently I have no way of downloading iPhoto! The rest of iLife works fine however.

Basically, I need a way to make iPhoto reappear on my "Purchases" list-- there's a little X by the apps as you scroll over them, but no way that I can see to make everything that was purchased appear if it is missing for some reason.

(note: I did a clean install of the latest version of Lion after this fiasco, but unfortunately it looks as though everything was saved on my Apple account so I have the same problem still-- and can't get iPhoto, even with a factory reset machine).

PLEASE HELP!! Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), *Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 11:02 PM

11 replies

Mar 3, 2012 5:26 AM in response to jonathanvb123

I had the same problem.

Apple has an option to "Hide" a purchase. For some reason iPhoto was hidden, so it would not appear in my purchase list.

To Unhide your purchases, go to Store->View account from the App store on your mac. If you have any hidden purchases it should give you the option to unhide it. After you unhide, the application will be avaible again on the purchase list and you can download it again. The Accept button should disapear and it should show "install" again.

Hope this helps.

Jul 20, 2012 1:34 PM in response to jonathanvb123

Thanks for this, unfortunately it only half solved my problem. I can now see the hidden apps in my purchase list, but they all show as "Installed" and there is no way to reinstall them. I still get the stupid "Accept" prompt for Garageband, iMovie, and iPhoto over and over. This is on a new iMac, I am the original owner, and have only ever had a single Apple ID.

How on earth do you actually REINSTALL an app from the app store? In some cases (XCode) I've even deleted the app from the machine completely yet the App store still says it is installed. What gives?!?!

Can't reinstall iPhoto from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.