Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have updated to ios5 but can't access my music

I have updated to ios5 and everything seems to be okay other than getting access to my music. I can search for it and find it, but cannot play it. Similarly, the new Music product (which seems to have replaced the iPod product) has no music in it. All suggestions gratefully received.

iPad

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 11:18 PM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2011 2:32 AM in response to georgefromcambuslang

im having the same or similar problem... when i go into 'music' it shows all of my songs as being there. but they are all greyd out like they are not there at the same time... almost like it sees them in the 'cloud' but cant access them. i tried to turn the cloud off completely and that didnt help. also syncing without wifi turned on (the 'old way') and no dice. on top of all that, there is some music that isnt even "transfering" over to my itouch3. i just dont get it!

wth did they do to our music?

I really dont want to delete everything and start over as i have over 10k songs on my pod. would take forever to put them back on one by one... *sigh*

Oct 15, 2011 9:00 AM in response to LoQuid

The solution that I eventually figured out is a rather simple one, that can verry easily be overlooked, IMHO. There were TWO options that i changed.

On the summary page of your device, in iTunes (10.5) with iOs 5.0

FIRST—there is a "Backup" section that has two radio button options. one says back up to iCloud and the other says to back up to this computer. i simply checked the backup to this computer option.

SECOND–In the "Options" section i unchecked TWO options... the 'sync with this iPod over Wi–Fi' (dont think this was the problem, but it helps to have a faster sync and data transfer over to your device); and Manually manage music and videos (not sure why this would make it so i cant play my music but oh well).

Since i made these two changes, i havent had any problems with playing my music or placing new music onto my device...

hope this helps somebody else at some point down the line.

Have updated to ios5 but can't access my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.