Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS5 A2DP and AVRCP *****

Hello,

I just updated my iphone 4 from iOS 4.3.5 to iOS5.0.

I' m using it a lot to stream audio from the iDevice to my car radio through Bluetooth using Bluetooth A2DP and AVRCP profiles.

For info, my car is a Renault Scénic with build in Bluetooth radio.

This was working perfectly with iOS 4 (up to iOS4.3.5):

- Audio streaming was going smoothly

- Audio automatic suspend/resume when some alarm from the embedded navigation TomTom based system suspended the audio streaming

- AVRCP commands for "next track" and "previous track"

Since I switched to iOS5.0 in the exact same material configuration:

- Audio streaming is still going smoothly

- But audio automatic suspend/resume when some alarm from the embedded navigation TomTom based system suspended the audio streaming is now pretty bad: it takes several second for the audio stream to resume when suspended

- AVRCP commands for previous track" is not working anymore

Hope the iOS dev team reads this an correct the stack ASAP.

Best Regards

iPhone 4, Other OS, Transition from iOS4.3.5 to iOS5.0

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 1:01 AM

16 replies

Nov 8, 2011 4:44 PM in response to fdrebbin

Same problem, I've noticed that if You enter the "next track" or "previous track" command, You have to wait few seconds in order the command to be performed but, in any case, it will never be performed until the fifth second of the current track, so that's the reason why is impossible to select the previous track: if You select that command the Track simply restart, if you select It twice, the Track restart and then restart again after 5 seconds.

I hope this could be helpful, sorry for bad English.

Bye bye!!!

Mar 9, 2012 1:42 PM in response to FleXoft

Hello there,

Finaly, iOS 5.1 arrived !

Even if a lot of people indicated on other thread that the issue was not linked to iOS, nor the iDevice, but to the counter Bluetooth part, as soon as I have installed iOS5.1 release on 2012/03/07, all my issues with my car for audio A2DP Bluetooth streaming got solved.

No more 8 seconds delay after a pause.

I now can enjoy my music back to the right conditions I had with iOS 4.x.

Thanks Apple to have solve this awfull bug in your code !

Regards

Mar 11, 2012 5:56 PM in response to FleXoft

Still no track info in my 2012 Mazda3 also... 😟

Lots of people in this thread are having the same issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3381837?answerId=17792792022#17792792022

Apparently it works on some cars (Toyota Prius, Ford, etc)... I wish I knew why it doesn't work in mine 😟.

Seriously considering an Android phone as my next phone, since Apple hasn't addressed this issue yet.

Mar 13, 2012 3:22 AM in response to Derek Ivey

Hello there,

I think now the limitation of the ID3Tag display on the car radio is not coming from Apple but from the devices which is connected to.

Bluetooth standard is defining several profiles:

List is available on Wikipedia there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

1 - Audio streaming is performed using Bluetooth A2DP profile: stands for Advance Audio Distribution Profile.

This one is the one to really stream the sound. To me, there was an issue on this profile with iOS5.0 and iOS5.0.1, but solved with iOS5.1 on the fact that some delay was present when resuming some song stream, etc.

2 - iDevice control from car radio is based on Bluetooth AVRCP profile: stands for Audio/Video Remote Control Profil.

This is the one also used to transfer ID3 Tags since release 1.3 of this profile.

To me, there was an issue on this profile with iOS5.0 and iOS5.0.1, but solved with iOS5.1 on the fact that rewind, and audio file control was not working correctly.

But now the fact that ID3 Tags are not available on some car radios is due to some limitations on the car radio side, as they may not support AVRCP1.3, but only AVRCP1.x (lower than 1.3).

Regards

Mar 13, 2012 4:14 AM in response to fdrebbin

fdrebbin, thanks for that informative post! My car, a 2012 Mazda3 advertises support for AVRCP 1.3 in the owners manual and I confirmed that the song metadata is transferred when I use my HP Touchpad (running Android). Other users have got it working with their MacBooks. Is AVRCP 1.4 backwards compatible with 1.3? I wonder if the car radio doesn't like that the iPhone is using 1.4 and it only supports up to 1.3. If this is the case, the car audio manufacturers probably need to release a firmware update to add support for AVRCP 1.4.

Derek

May 1, 2012 9:25 AM in response to Derek Ivey

To set the record straight, the iPhone doesn't support AVRCP 1.4, only 1.3. 1.3 added metadata display, which works quite well in my Toyota Highlander; 1.4 adds browsing of albums, songs, etc., which is supposedly supported by my Highlander's sound system (I don't have any way to test it; I just have the owner's manual to go by), but not my iPhone.

iOS5 A2DP and AVRCP *****

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.