Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi syncing

Hi,

Can photos taken with an iPhone be synced to iLife '11 (using Lion) over WiFi?

Cheers

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 3:19 AM

No.

Regards

TD

9 replies

May 6, 2012 2:14 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence,

This is a very succinct response and would be good to know

a) What, if any, technical issues impact this feature

b) If Apple are considering it for a future release.

Is there a previous discussion you are aware of?

The ethos of Apple I thought was integration of their product range and therefore to introduce a fantastic feature, wi-fi iPhone to Mac syncing, but then implement only in the iTunes application seem to lack a little forward vision. The idea is to try and avoid teathering (hence we have app store iphone upgrades direct and calendar etc. syncing). Yet we still have to teather to down load our photos, perhaps the attitude of iphone development is 'by the way the phone also has a camera thing'.

I did try and follow this up in the Milton Keynes (UK) Apple Store, with the A team. The response I got was "it is a limitation of wifi for such large files associated with the high resolution apple camera". A great sales pitch for the camera, yet one may "smell a rat" as the wifi seems to cope ok when we load the photos back with iTunes syncing to the phone. Also, everything I have comes to my phone/mac by wifi.

Many thanks, Andy

P.S. Does Apple keep a list of top 100 outstanding requests for their products?

May 6, 2012 2:54 AM in response to Andy_Parker

Well depending on your definition of "sync" (and in this case, it seems to mean Import), the recent arrival of Photostream changes things. You can now import your Photos from your iPhone to iPhoto over wireless.

No one outside of Apple knows what - if any - plans they have for anything. That's the way they work. Similarly, no one outside of Apple know of they keep a list of feature requests.

Other than this, I'm not sure what your query is.

Regards

TD

May 6, 2012 8:18 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence,

Thanks for the quick reply.

However, I think photostream uses iCloud, so it will go iPhone->wifi->icloud->wifi->mac.

However, I have switched iCloud off at the moment as the syncing programs seem to run away with CPU when connecting/diconecting from wifis (i.e. when I travel), this kills the air book battery.

It is a pity that either the iTunes support file xfer for iPhoto (from mac to iphone) or iPhoto does not see the iphone like iTunes via wifi.

Guess will just have to wait for iPhoto team to catch up with iTunes team :-)

thanks

Andy

WiFi syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.