Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't swipe notifications down

Hi all,

I have installed iOS5 with what seems to be no problem until I want to use the notifications tool. When I get a tweet or message they pop up at the top of the screen and I can grab them and pull them down but when I don't have the notification up on the top, there is no way for me to just swipe down from the top to open notification centre. Please help?!?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3, I am running iOS 5

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 1:51 AM

You have to swipe down right from the very top of the screen - took me a while to figure this one out. Try swiping down from the clock/carrier status bar thingy (I'm sure there is a proper name for this area of the screen)

26 replies

Oct 13, 2011 4:17 AM in response to Gobbie

The problem that I have is now a little bigger I think... a friends one works perfectly but he has noticed that touching the top of my screen on any other page, where it should put you straight back to the top of the page, it doesn't. The rest of the screen is perfect and works really well but it's just the top time bar that doesn't seem to respond to touch. All top apps are working fine. 😟

Not good news.... the problem is, because of a new feature I have now realised I've got a problem with my iPhone and I've never noticed before 😟

I can't swipe notifications down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.