Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove blackberry from Login items in lion?

any idea? I'm trying to remove blackberry device manager from login item but the its checked and greyed out.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 2:27 AM

6 replies

Oct 13, 2011 2:56 AM in response to Danarc_

Backup your files to a external data drive and disconnect

Reboot the computer holding the Shift key down to enter Safe mode, the third party kernel extensions will be disabled.

Try the BB uninstaller again and/or

Look in your System/Library/Extensions folder for anything that has the "Blackberry" or "RIM" name in the extension (with .kext at the end of the file) and move it out of the folder.

You may have to consult their web site for a manual uninstall method. Kext stands for Kernel extension obviously.

the free Easy Find can help you locate the files in that folder.

You also can Command r boot into Lion Recovery and install Lion with the

Restoring OS X 10.5 10.6. 10.7 - simple overwrite OS method

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3358920

That should kick anything out of OS X itself, then it's just a matter of removing anything in the Applicaitons folder.

If there are remnants still in your user, you can always create a new user and transfer your personal data via the root level/Users/ "shared" folder, once up, then remove the old user.

how do i remove blackberry from Login items in lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.