Previous 1 2 3 Next 73 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 10:53 AM by ivanvanbeek
Mitch 751 Level 6 Level 6 (11,500 points)

Before iCloud, I can see my Home Time Capsule from my office via Back to my Mac (Network).

Now I can't, but I can see the other Mac computer at my Home.

Do I need to do any setting with my Airport Utility for the Port Mapping ?

• Tesserax Level 8 Level 8 (48,930 points)

As far as I know (unfortunately I have not tested it to be sure) your MobileMe account and BtmM functionality for your Time Capsule should NOT have changed ... as Apple will be supporting MobileMe until next year. I just tried configuring my TC for BtmM and it accepted the change. As soon as I get a chance I will attempt to test connectvity from a remote location.

The fact that BtmM appears to be working for your Mac should indicate that this service is still viable.

• thistlepatch Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am concerned about the same issue.  I can usually see remote computers and Time Machine drives in the Shared section of the sidebar; now only local ones.

In addition, I usually have a long list of friends' and clients' Airport Extreme, Express and Time Capsule devices in my Airport Utility.  Now all I have is the three here in the local network.

It seems to be specific to 10.7.2 and the iCloud preference pane?

I can still see the list of remote devices in the Airport Utility on my machines that are still running 10.6.x, even though the devices are registered with an account that I have migrated to the iCloud service.

Here's to hoping an update somewhere will rectify this.

• YoungIn Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same issue but posted it under the iCloud Forum, as it appears to be a 10.7.2/iCloud issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16343795#16343795

It's a real pain right now as we can't remotely access disks at other office or update security settings etc on remote offices using the a/ports.

• Solowalker Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Apparently this isn't possible. This was never discussed publicly before the iCloud launch. All that was said was Back to my Mac would continue working. I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything, even after the iCloud launch. Made the switch, my AirPort started yelling at me because of MobileMe credentials. I've been waiting for an AirPort update but have still been digging. Just found this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4867

Talk about a footnote. This should have its own article, not be like, "Oh everything will still work great! ... ... ...

Except for AirPort disk sharing."

I'm not too happy about this. Anyone else?

• Byron McCollum Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Boo!

• ivanvanbeek Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Same here, after 10.7.2 update the back to my TC stopped working. A while ago i read somewhere that there would be a TC update. I really miss this option because i used it a lot. Maybe go back to draytek again with hard drive plugged in :-(

• terryfromhoboken Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This is a Lion OS X 10.7.2 issue ? I just updated to Lion (I had Snow) and MobileMe to iCloud and now I can't access my Time Capsule remotely.

I spoke to Apple and they stated to wait a week or two while the engineers correct this issue.

• BobFromAccounts Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same for me, I believe that you can no longer see your airport extreme or attached local disks via iCloud, I liked mobile me as it did everything I needed where as iCloud seems to be well...cloudy, gloomy, overcast, obscure, indistinct or any other synonym for cloud......disappointed.

• Martin Lund Larsen Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Agreed

first they removed Front Row....now the functionality that we can not access our timecapsule over the internet...

Sincerely frustrated

AppleTossen

• MJRasoBarnett Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Same problem for me, but I realised they removed this too late, after I already upgraded from MobileMe to iCloud.

I posted about this on another thread already (https://discussions.apple.com/message/16418048#16418048) as this removal makes me quite angry, reducing the value of a product that I only bought a year ago with the intention of extensively using this AirDisk sharing.

What makes me so angry though is that Back to My Mac was listed prominantly on their transition page (http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html) as being part of iCloud, leading me to trust that this meant this feature as well. They should have added AT LEAST a footnote to that page mentioning that not ALL of Back to My Mac would make it...

Please send your feedback about this to Apple so they might reconsider: http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html

Message was edited by: MJRasoBarnett

• Doctor Neurology Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I returned my previous router earlier this year (Linksys professional) and bought the time capsule precisely for the reason that accessing the disks was possible, easily.  To put it simply "it just worked.". Now, not so much... Seems more of a PC complicated work around to access my time capsule now.... Hopefully this will be a quick fix for Apple and a time capsule firmware update is in the works.

• terryfromhoboken Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Just to let everyone know. I spoke to Apple a couple times this weekend. The guy I spoke to last got as much information from me as possible. He even had me run a packet trace on my computer while connected to my network and not connected to my network. He is sending the issue to the engineers. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

• Solowalker Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Too bad that doesn't mean anything. It's not a connection issue right now, it's a software issue. They changed their service and everything has needed software updates to be compatible with it. Even their mail servers for IMAP email have changed. But AirPorts and Time Capsules have not been updated. It should just be a little tiny update to change the servers they contact to say, "Hey, I'm here! And I have these disks." Who knows why they haven't done it already?

I have hope that they aren't leaving us in the dust. They haven't said (other than that one hidden article) that they aren't going to do it. And both AirPort and Time Capsule are still advertising this feature on their Store pages. Maybe just part of a gradual roll out of iCloud features so they don't overload their servers more than they already are? (I'm getting email connection troubles several times a day.)

• VorteXOSX Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I too rely on this feature, come on Apple, push the Time Capsule Disk Sharing update

Previous 1 2 3 Next