10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 7:59 AM by MaureenJ
xmarcos Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I've signed up to icloud on my mac using my Apple ID and the app told me i have to verify the account vía email... never got that email. Two days later, i decide to try on icloud.com. Same process and i get the message...

Check your email at xxx@gmail.com for instructions on how to verify your account.

But there is no email. Checked spam folder and tried a password forgot to make sure i'm getting the emails and i do, so it's something related to icloud signup.

Any ideas?

iCloud, Apple ID, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • sev2383 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same issue - if you get an answer please share - thanks!

• lopperman Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I also have the same issue.  I've been trying to 'verify' my appleid email for over a year (originally to use the find my iphone app).  I'm getting a 4S tomorrow, and I still can configure iCloud settings because my email isn't verified.  I've probably had a verification email sent to me more than 20 times, but I never ever get it.  ***!?

• thomasfromberkeley Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I also am not receiving the verification emails.  My main email address is hosted on an Intermedia Exchange server.  I also have hit the "resend verification email" button several times but nothing in either my inbox or junk mail.  The account is active for other senders, including the reciept of an email from Apple confirming my membership in this forum.  Any ideas?

• Jhonc66 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I had the Same problem, the way I resolved it was that I ended up having 2 Apple ID's "Don't know how", one was only myusername@hotmail.com and the other one was only myusername . try to log in to one of those and set it up from there by verifying accounts

• josephfromattleboro Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

How did you find out you had another Apple ID? I have been using the same e-mail since I bought the 3GS. I get emails from apple to change my apple ID password but no verification e-mail.  If they recommend using the same Apple ID used for ITunes then why make it so difficult that people have to create a new ID?

• remaso Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem. I never get the verification email. I can't configure iCloud or anything with the new iOS 5. Any ideas?

• thomasfromberkeley Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Solved.  I have two Apple IDs under two different email addresses.  I used my primary address as the iCloud account.  Unfortunately I also used it as a secondary email for the other account.  When I removed it the email was sent and I was verified.  I wish there had been some sort of error message generated as it would have saved me a bunch of time.

• barryfromst albans Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You're right!  This cracked it..  It's v confusing - seems like they are creating a new applieid with your primary email address and then validating the new with the old...

you need to login to appleid with your old id - which has your primary email address in it.  click verify here...

then goto your email and click the verify link

you will be taken to the screen to login again for this email address...

supply the old applid and password to link it...

• SilvVery Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the help! That was exactly what happened to mine as well. My 2nd AppleID turned out to be the primary email for my 1st AppleID. I had to remove it, then log into my 2nd AppleID and click verfiy account. Then apple sent me the verification email. Viola!

• MaureenJ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm happy you had your problem resolved. My problem is that I never had an old Apple ID in order to delete it, so don't know where to go from here. The ID is recognised as it lets me sign in to various Apple services but just not iCloud.