Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iCloud upgrade i have duplicate iCal entries (iPhone is ok). Why?

After I upgraded to iCloud I now have duplicate iCal entries! My iPhone does not have duplicates which is good. In iTunes I AM NOT syncing my iCal.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:25 AM

Same thing happened to me, go to iCal and open your preferences under iCloud and click on accounts, you no longer need your Me.com acct, they're just using both.. that fixed it for me when I deleted Me.com... good luck

jmob

11 replies

Oct 18, 2011 3:51 PM in response to Csound1

Hello,

I will join the discussion - I have now on my mac only the iCloud calendars and everything is trippled there. I can see it trippled also on iCloud online portal.

If I delete duplicated entries manually in iCal on mac, it would delete them on iCloud and vice versa. But, if I delete the entries localy with a programme (iCal Dupe Cleaner, which restores the local calendar after deleting the doubles), it would download from the iCloud the trippled versions and does not delete the tripples on iCloud.

Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot,

Mirek

Oct 20, 2011 1:49 AM in response to myford

MyFord, Mirek,

I have the same problem on iMac: some iCal entries duplicated, some triplicated, and some quadruplicated...

If I change the colour of the On My Mac Calendars, right click on calendar, select Get Info, I can identify those entries, all single.

Do the same on the iCloud Calendars, and the second and third entries on the day (Month View) change colour.

So, the iCloud entries on the iMac are duplicated...

iCal on my iPhone is OK, only a single entry...

Where do I go from here...

I suspect the first thing I should do is back up On My Mac Calendars.

What next?

Robert

Oct 21, 2011 7:07 PM in response to Robert J McInnes

MyFord, Mirek,

JMB667 provides a work around, very succinctly written, that resolves the problem...

Refer: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3377817?start=0&tstart=0

Oct 17, 2011 11:52 AM, Ok I got it sorted...

Make sure you backup your OnMyMac Calendars before you start...

Refer: same forum,
Oct 22, 2011 9:54 AM, For others...

Robert...

Oct 22, 2011 6:36 AM in response to Robert J McInnes

Robert J McInnes wrote:

MyFord, Mirek,

I have the same problem on iMac: some iCal entries duplicated, some triplicated, and some quadruplicated...

If I change the colour of the On My Mac Calendars, right click on calendar, select Get Info, I can identify those entries, all single.

Do the same on the iCloud Calendars, and the second and third entries on the day (Month View) change colour.

So, the iCloud entries on the iMac are duplicated...

iCal on my iPhone is OK, only a single entry...

Where do I go from here...

I suspect the first thing I should do is back up On My Mac Calendars.

What next?

Robert

Backup the On My Mac calendars (in iCal, File>Export>iCal Archive) and then delete them from iCal

After iCloud upgrade i have duplicate iCal entries (iPhone is ok). Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.