Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My itunes 10.5 is just not installing on my windows 7 x32. just says there was an error no other explanation

it downloads perfectly but glitches during installation. it 'rolls back action' and then it just says,

'the installer encountered errors before iTunes could be configured.

Errors occured during installation. Your system has no been modified.'

Help!!

Windows 7

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:11 AM

14 replies

Oct 14, 2011 8:59 PM in response to jacquelineoc

When you get this error message, it is simply telling you that the installation did not complete and, therefore, did not modify your system. The question then becomes, "What stopped completion of the installation?" Do you need to install the 32- or 64-bit version of iTunes? Here is a link to the 64-bit version:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

The 32-bit version can be found here:

http://www.filehorse.com/download-itunes/

Hope this helps. Best of luck!!!

Oct 18, 2011 3:27 AM in response to jacquelineoc

Finally solved it.

This is what i done (windows 7 64-bit.. but im sure will work with 32-bit).

Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Program > Sort by application creator, so that all "Apple Inc" programs are in one place > Unistall all of them.

Then

Start > My Computer > C Drive > Users > **Your User Name** > AppData (If you cant see the folder "AppData" then you need to show hidden folders which is in the Oranganize menu on the top left... then "Folder and Search Options" then goto to the "View" tab and somewhere in that list it gives you the option to show hidden folders") > Now select "Temp" > and highlight all files in the temp folder.... hit delete... some wont delete.. so just skip those ones.... now restart.

Download latest itunes (if you havent already) and install.... it should work. it didn for... after several hours of trying to sort it out.

Hope it helps. Apple are no support what so ever...

My itunes 10.5 is just not installing on my windows 7 x32. just says there was an error no other explanation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.