Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.1.1 running very slowly

Hi, all,

Since updating to 10.7.2 last night I've found that Sarafi is running very slowly, taking up to a minute to fully load a page like the BBC news home page, compared to a few seconds on Firefox on the same machine. According ot the timeline much of the time was spent waiting for or downloading tiny images.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Regards,

Gordon.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Running 10.7.2 (not an option)

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:18 AM

13 replies

Oct 20, 2011 2:36 AM in response to Gordon Maynard

I'm having the same issue. I thought it might be my connection where I work, but it seems to be just Safari that is wading through Araldite to load every page.

I've tried a restart; repaired permissions; removed all my extensions; and zapped the P-RAM: all provide no improvement.

Switching to Friefox 'til Apple get this fixed.

😟

Oct 20, 2011 3:40 AM in response to Andrew No Thanks

I spoke too soon. Switching off Extensions improves the problem but does not eliminate it. I'm in the UK, and the odd thing is that UK sites seem to load OK but US ones do not. In particular, I surf a lot of NASA sites. While the pages themselves may load, Safari often gets stuck downloading large images.

As you say, Safari is becoming unusable in such cases, whereas FF breezes through them. Definitely a Safari 5.1.1 issue, I'd say. On the plus side, though, Safari hasn't yet crashed as previous versions of 5 used to.

Thanks for letting us know it's happening to you as well!

Oct 23, 2011 5:50 AM in response to IanRid

Hi, Ian,

This is in danger of getting off topic, the thread was originally started because I had a specific issue affecting Safari after the 10.7.2 upgrade. In my case it was accompanied by screen tearing and went away after a restart.

My suggestion is to try Firefox and/or Chrome and if they are giving the same performance as Safari then start investigating your network settings, internal connections and then yout ISP but there are other forums for those issues.

Best of luck,

Gordon.

Safari 5.1.1 running very slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.