Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cannot be sync'd Insufficient privs (iPhone 4 - iOS 5)

Hello,

I apologize if this has been answered already.

I updated two iPhones and one iPad last night. Had trouble with my iPhone, wouldn't restore properly. The rest went without a hitch. Once I finally got my iPhone working I set up iCloud, etc.

I then downloaded a new ringtone to iTunes and tried to sync my phone. It went through all 6 steps and then popped up a message telling me I had insufficient privileges to sync my iPhone. Never seen that error before.

I searched the web, these forums and didn't find anything that helped. One told me to delete the iPod photo cache folder, that didn't help. I have a shared iMac with two user accounts that share iPhoto and iTunes in a single data file location under shared user. We are both admins on the machine. This hasn't been an issue for our iPhones until now.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 1:50 PM

It turns out my iMac can only have one iCloud id associated with it, so when I set up phone number 2 with its own iCloud account, and logged into that account it messed up account number one.

Not sure I understand why one can't share a Mac with multiple users and have multiple icloud accounts.

Just poor implementation I guess. Likely won't use iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2011 1:50 PM in response to darkfire.shadows

It turns out my iMac can only have one iCloud id associated with it, so when I set up phone number 2 with its own iCloud account, and logged into that account it messed up account number one.

Not sure I understand why one can't share a Mac with multiple users and have multiple icloud accounts.

Just poor implementation I guess. Likely won't use iCloud.

Oct 24, 2011 11:27 AM in response to darkfire.shadows

Ok. Turns out I have a new issue. With this all set up correctly my iPhone will not sync photos. I get the same error message as noted abovem but the all the settings seem current based on what I was told.

Two log ins. 1 shared iPhoto library. Can't sync my photos, but the other account seems fine.

Do I need to upgrade to iPhoto 11?

iPhone cannot be sync'd Insufficient privs (iPhone 4 - iOS 5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.