Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari constantly crashes on IOS 5 for ipad

Safari is constantly crashing on my original iPad after updating to IOS 5. Try surfing Apple's website! I can't get passed one page.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:36 AM

76 replies

Oct 16, 2011 6:46 PM in response to petemj23

On another forum I saw a suggested solution. In "Settings" choose "Safari" and clear history and cookies and data. Did that and Safari has been running for me for 10 minutes now! That is better than is was before when it was crashing after about 10 seconds everytime I opened it previously since iOS5 install. We'll see if this continues. More later!

PS - then restart iPad!

Message was edited by: Dick Miller

Nov 11, 2011 7:33 PM in response to petemj23

Just one more chiming in to say that after the IOS 5 update, Safari in my iPad1 crashes every day, multiple times. Before the update, in over 18 months of usage, I think Safari crashed maybe twice during that whole time. Apple -- guys --- really -- you gotta problem.

Another very annoying thing is that when multiple tabs are open, even just two, if you just click back to a tab, the page REFRESHES, which is completely bogus behavior. And this is in low-memory conditions -- no other apps open, two tabs only. And it can't keep one there without having to refresh it every time you go back to it. W*T*F* ???

btw I just upgraded to 5.1. Within 2 minutes after that, Safari crashed again.

Safari constantly crashes on IOS 5 for ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.