Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The wireless keyboards battery cap has stuck

I have an iMAC with a wireless keyboard.

The wireless keyboards battery cap has stuck. I have tried opening it with screwdrivers, coins and even spoon handles but nothing can open this.

This was purchased under 1 year ago. I called the company that supplied the product (Jigsaw24.com) and they said they will not fix the issue or replace the item without me incurring charges. Surely this item is still covered under the standard Apple Care Warranty or even covered under their company warranty? The cap is still running flush with the end of the keyboard and has not been forced. If i'm not able to access the battery compartment and change the batteries this item is useless.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 2:54 PM

Were you able to open the battery acces?? I have the same problem with mine

3 replies

Jul 19, 2015 7:20 PM in response to chemicaldesign

same problem, not sure what happened. i always take it off with my thumb, not even my nail, just pressing my skin against it and turning. its always really easy.

i have the apple rechargeable batteries, which don't have a very long life, so i've taken them out a lot to charge them. They are dead now and i can't get in.

I started with my finger, then moved to a penny which bent, then moved to a quarter and pliers...bent, then got out my impact drill. nothing will budge it.

I almost think the apple batteries exploded inside and it is stuck with corrosion or something, it is the craziest keyboard related experience i've ever had. Anyway it is junk now. Might take it to the Apple Store, but it isn't under warranty. They will probably blame me since the cap is marred now due to the impact drill. I'm upset.

The wireless keyboards battery cap has stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.